We welcome minors and under 18's in our venues before a certain time, this varies per venue so please see below: Please note that outside these times, we do not allow minors in the venue.
At out Docklands venue, minors are permitted in the venue before 8pm unaccompanied. We do request that minors that are 12 and under are in the company of a responsible adult. While unaccompanied minors and under 18’s are permitted at these venues prior to these times, we request that pre-teens and younger children are accompanied by a responsible adult.
At our Chadstone venue, under 18s are permitted in the venue before 8pm Friday - Saturday and 11pm Sunday - Thursday and only if they are in the company of a responsible adult. ID must be presented at all times due to licensing.
At our Alexandria and Penrith venues, under 18's are permitted in the venue before 9pm Sunday - Thursday and 8pm Friday - Saturday.
While unaccompanied minors and under 18’s are permitted at these venues prior to these times, we request that pre-teens and younger children are accompanied by a responsible adult.
At our Chermside venue, under 18's are permitted in the venue before 9pm Monday - Sunday. At our Surfers Paradise venue, under 18's are permitted in the venue before 9pm Sunday - Thursday and 8pm Friday - Saturday. While unaccompanied minors and under 18’s are permitted at these QLD venues prior to the listed times, we request that pre-teens and younger children are accompanied by a responsible adult.
- We recommend that you arrive at least 5-15 minutes prior to your reservation to check in at reception.
- Inappropriate behaviour, disorderly conduct, aggression, discrimination, intoxication, or other disruptive behaviour, may result in refusal of service, refusal of entry or being ejected from the venue.
- When in the venue, all children must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. Children under the age of 13 are only allowed in the venue, with a responsible adult. Curfews apply and liquor laws for minors come into play.
- Children can complete all activities in our venues at the discretion of their responsible Parent or Guardian. However, a parent or guardian could be required to accompany, supervise or assist with play.
- Guests need to comply with relevant state laws & guidelines for the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- No external food or drink is allowed in the venue.
- Guests need to follow the direction of the staff in the venue. Failure to do so may result in you being asked to leave.
- If you are running late to a booking, we cannot guarantee you will be able to finish your booked activity and may have it finished early, or rescheduled.
- No refunds will be given for a change of mind. This includes partial or full refunds.
- To change a booking, you can do so by calling our concierge team at least 24 hours prior to the booking, and is subject to availability and price. Guests may incur additional costs depending on the revised day/time/venue of the booking and be required to pay any difference on arrival.
- All bookings require a credit card / cash deposit be left at reception before the session starts.
- Any damage to Hijinx Hotel property will result in you paying the repair and/or replacement fee.
- We do not accept any responsibility for any personal property that is brought to a Hijinx Hotel venue.
Remember these rules while letting your hair down:
HIJINX CHALLENGE ROOMS
- Children younger than 10 need to be supervised by an adult in the rooms, children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- No food or drinks are to be taken into the room.
- Please don’t climb up on the props in the games, over the barriers or into areas you’re pretty sure you’re not allowed to go - promise you can still get a bomb picture for the gram without being a mountain goat.
- Shoes are a must in or out of the rooms, at all times - wearing the wrong shoes? Luckily for you we sell Hotel Slippers.
- Give others the same experience you had and please don’t remove anything from the rooms.
- No more than 6 players in any room.
- Nothing in the room needs excessive force - please play cautiously.
- Don’t throw things at your friends, or anyone really, please!
- No jumping, climbing or diving in object in the rooms.
A responsible adult is defined as a person who is over the age of 25 years and is:
- A parent, step-parent or guardian of the minor
- The minor’s spouse or de facto partner
- An adult who has 'parental rights, duties and responsibilities' in relation to the minor for the time being, standing in as the parent of the minor e.g. Grandparents, aunt/uncle, or person in charge of an organised sporting group or school group.
They must also have a valid ID on their person for the duration of the visit.